Thursday 19 November 2015

Yummy chocolate flapjack recipe

Chocolate flapjacks

These are an absolute favourite in my house, My boys cant get enough of it!

You will need....
150g butter
75g light brown soft sugar
3 rounded tbsp of golden syrup
250g porridge oats (I use smart price)
300g milk chocolate (I buy mine from home bargins 89p)

Preheat the oven to 180C (160C fan)
Grease and line a tin with parchment paper
Put the brown sugar, butter and golden syrup into a pan and gently heat until melted




Add in your porridge oats and mix together.



Turn out the oats into your lined pan, level and press the mixture evenlyand firmly with the back of a spoon.


Bake for 20-25 mins or until golden around the edges. Remove from the oven and cool for 10-15 mins


While your cooked flapjack is cooling melt your chocolate. I use 300g as my boys like thicker chocolate than the ones you buy in the shop but you dont have to use that much if you dont want to.


Pour the melted chocolate over and allow it to set.


Before the chocolate has turned into complete solid (soft but not runny) cut your flapjack into cubes or slices and place back into the fridge to set completely.


Then serve and watch them magically disappear!!
Enjoy!!!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, so I want to make these right now... Going to try these this week with the kiddies!!!! The images are so helpful :) x

    ReplyDelete