Tuesday 18 February 2014

Tasty Tuesday! Butter biscuits recipe



So....Years ago I got into making biscuits and cakes....I made biscuits from soooo many different recipes and they never seemed perfect....they were either too hard, too dry, not tasty enough, soggy etc...
However....a year ago i came across a recipe for biscuits and OH MY GOSH the biscuits are soooo yummy! my boys cant get enough of them.
Basically the only way i can describe them is a mix between a butter biscuit and shortbread and they stay nice for days (hmmmm probably longer if i could keep my boys paws off them).
Ive posed the recipe at the bottom of this blog post!







I used my Russel Hobbs mixer (which is a god send when making large batches) I doubled the amount in the recipe as I usually make biscuits and freeze the rest of the dough for a later date. I also put milk choc and white choc chips in.






I rolled my dough out on a floured surface, the shape cutters i use are from Asda £1 for a bag of 20 (The Tom and Jerry ones are from a friend whos Daughter had the in her happy meal) Once I cut out the shapes I put them on baking paper on a baking tray and pop them in the oven until they turn a slight golden brown.



I even got hubby-to be joining in! seen as our little munchkin didn't want to make them (Happy to eat them tho!)



This wasn't even half of what I made as there were more in the oven and the boys pinched some too.
So here is the recipe!

Butter biscuits

1 cup butter
1 cup caster sugar
1 Egg
1.5tsp baking power
1tsp Vanilla essence
3 cups plain flour (extra for dusting)

MAKE SURE YOU GO AND TRY THESE OUT AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK! ME AND MY FAMILY LOVE THEM! 
XX







No comments:

Post a Comment