Friday 21 March 2014

Optical express childrens book review

A week or so ago I was contacted by Optical Express who have recently helped children's charity Children 1st to produce a book aimed at detecting visual problems in children.
They asked if I would do a review on the book and I jumped at the chance because Munchkin loves books! and a book that can help detect visual problems too!!! I couldn't wait to receive it!

The book arrived (much to mine and munchkins delight)

The book tells a story about a troll hunting in the highlands.

All proceeds from the book go to Children 1st and the book is available on Amazon click here to be taken to the page.


The book has a lovely glossy cover and the illustrations are colourful and clear. The book encourages counting (munchkins favourite) 



At the back of the book you will find detailed instructions on how to carry out the visual assessment. You will also find a handy little pocket in which 3D glasses can be found!



I love the fact that the 3D glasses add a fun aspect to the book and children are unaware that there is another reason behind the use of the glasses.

I have never seen a book that can help detect visual problems in children and I think its a very cleaver idea!

Munchkin loves the book however he is a bit of a diva and asks Daddy to hold his glasses to his eyes while he reads the book!

This review is my own views and opinions and I've not been paid to do this review

Please pop over to Amazon to buy your book as its for a very worthy cause! and best of all its a lovely book.

Please note:- This book is not to be used as a full eye test, please see your optician if you believe there may be an issue.

Also a big thank you to Optical express for allowing me to review this lovely book!

1 comment: